Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Few Quotes Just to Buy Time Until I Get Myself in Gear and Post Like I Mean it Again

Yes, now THIS officially has been the longest interval without a blog post.

But these last couple of weeks haven't been bright and shiney. Instead, trouble in paradise. I tried service and selflessness. I also tried nagging and complaining. But, unlike with most of my stories of trouble, arguing, impatience, and other marriage-related adventures, I've yet to find the moral. In fact, sharing the details at this point would easily become a rant session rather than a humble tale of conviction, because there hasn't been a "good wife lesson" to learn in the end. This time, Friends, I have not been the wrong-doer.

Therefore, until my husband starts a blog about journeying in selflessness (he could call it "School, Lack-of-Sleep, and Other Tickets to the Dog House") I can't give any specifics. The only thing I've learned at this point is that the people who love you best also have the ability to hurt you most. And that's a depressing topic for a blog.

So, rather than talking about goings-on in my current life--and since I have some pretty great stories from my growing up years--I'll be asking you to "let me tell you a story" more this week. And maybe I will post regularly again?

And, in the meantime, here are some quotes to keep you occupied:

Parent (to a boy in the corner): Are you in trouble over there?
Boy: A little.
Parent: Why are you always getting yourself into trouble?
Boy (shrugging): It's just my thing.

Teacher-to-another-teacher (while a three-year-old listened): We'll have someone come in to cover your shift this afternoon. But could you stay until 9:00, and..."
3-year-old (to me): 9:00?!
Me: 9:00?
3-year-old: I don't know what that means!!!

5-year-old: I'm going to be Spiderman for Halloween.
Me: I thought you were going as Ironman.
5-year-old: No, I like Spiderman....or Lightning McQueen.
Me: I see.
5-year-old: I'll be Superman for next Halloween.
Me: You're already thinking about next Halloween?
5-year-old: Yes, because my minds keep changing!

No comments:

Post a Comment