Monday, February 7, 2011

Selfless Activities in the McKinney House

Right now, I'm struggling to get off the couch.

Luke is struggling to get out of the easy chair.

Me: I really have a lot of cleaning to do today.

Luke: I'm already cleaning.

Me: You're cleaning? What are you cleaning?

Luke: The laundry.

Me: Ah, I see. Well, in that case, I'm growing a baby. So, what else are you doing?

Luke: (popping a piece of Trident in his mouth) Fighting cavities.

Me: Very nice. I'm holding my bladder. Can you beat that?

Luke: (rocking in his chair) I'm exercising.

Me: (holding an arm up) Me, too! Anything else?

Luke: Releasing gasses.

Me: And I'm loving you despite that.

----

Yep, we're really busy... I don't see how it's possible for me to clean right now. But, surely even a God who challenges us to serve and sacrifice wouldn't expect us to get off our rears while we're doing all that work...

1 comment: