Saturday, September 4, 2010

Dance with Me

That's it, precisely, exactly, everything I've been trying to say on this blog. He summed it up completely. But, Dr. Timothy Keller went further by helping me understand exactly why selfishness is so destructive, and why love and service are all that matters. Who knew it all hinged on the doctrine of the Trinity?


But, it makes so much sense now: If God were unipersonal (just one), then He would have to be egotistical and only concerned about the individual. As a single God, He would have to love Himself, to glorify Himself. He would be "selfish."

But, because God is three-in-one, He displays perfect love and perfect selflessness within His three persons. Forever, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit have been pouring out themselves and lifting up the others, in what Dr. Timothy Keller calls a "dance."


I was feeling tired and a little queezy today. My living room still is half-finished, and it's hard to clean the toilet and do the vacuuming when those things make such a small dent in the overall mess. Bored, depressed, and a little unmotivated, I decided to check out one of the sermons recommended to me by my highschool science teacher, Heather Mackinnon.

Best. Decision. This. Week.

Dr. Timothy Keller brought me back to the point--the bottom-line of life. And if only you and I could wrap our heads around this concept in practice, there would be no reason to continue my blog. About forty-five minutes after I dragged myself to the computer to listen, I feel affirmed, loved, and inspired to move. I'm motivated to dance around my house with a dust cloth and a song of praise, because I'm part of a Heavenly dance. I know a little piece of the secret. And I want you to dance, too.

(Thanks, Miss Mack, for recognizing my heart and sending a relevent message to cultivate it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment