Thursday, June 24, 2010

Couldn't Have Been Better (unless I was in Neverland)

I should have known planning a blog about the difficulties of my job would magically make for a series of good days... And I should have started writing sooner.

As this uneventful week draws to a close, I thought for sure I was due for a rough shift this afternoon. And I was prepared to practice serving despite the situation. But I could not have asked for better weather, better coworker interaction, or better-behaved kids.

There were some tiny things here and there. For instance, we have to supervise a boy with Downes Syndrome closely because his obsession with wrestling makes him prone to body slamming his much-smaller classmates. And one little guy with autism soaks himself in the sink whenever he gets the chance. But at least everyone was smiling while they got in trouble....

Quote of the day:
5-year-old: "I wish God would make more places....like neverland."

No comments:

Post a Comment