Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Oops, I Screwed Up Again

Last night, I published a story about when I was a teenager--an argument I had with my mom and a long conversation with my dad that resulted. It's one of my better-written stories, and it has an excellent message about being built-up by someone who loves you. Because of those facts, I started thinking of my self and how brilliant other people would think me if they read it....and that's why I posted it to cyberspace.

Unfortunately, the underlying message cast a negative light on my mom, and I didn't consider her feelings at all. Ironic, huh, that I was talking about affirming those we love while simultaneously making my mom look bad? I unintentionally suggested she did everything wrong and that dad did everything right that day.

Well, I've removed that post. And the second part of turning my selfishness into service is admitting I was wreckless in posting it at all. I'm sorry, Mom. And I'll keep learning to love you like Jesus would.

No comments:

Post a Comment