Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Showers Stink!

I hate personal hygiene.
For me, there are few things more inconvenient than taking time for showers, teeth-brushing, leg-shaving...etc.

Now, mind you, I do subscribe to these activities every once in awhile, but only because society insists. (Just don't ask how often the leg-shaving thing actually happens; and if you figure out how rare it is, don't tell society.)

Eventually, it may occur to me that cleanliness actually is a service to others, and I will experience deep conviction on the matter. I'll ask God to give me an attitude adjustment and to help me see hygiene the way that He does so I can become more like Christ by loving my neighbors by not looking/smelling like a kindergartner on a lovely spring day. (ew.)

(Sidenote: I Google searched "Smell like kindergartner" to see if anyone ever made the connection between 6-year-olds, sunshine, and a general stink before, and I didn't find that metaphor. But I DID find the question, "Why do ants smell like bananas when you smash them?" Just thought I'd let everyone know there are answers available if you've found yourself wondering the same thing....)

Tomorrow, when I'm not busy cleaning the house, running to the bank/grocery store, and buying work boots for my husband to get him to stop talking about it (er, I mean, "because I want his feet to be protected"), then maybe I'll write a post that's more.....helpful? enlightened? serious?
But seriously. I hate hygiene.

No comments:

Post a Comment