Monday, August 16, 2010

Serving Made Easier

The television program I was planning to watch tonight is featuring an eating contest. (Read: lots of vomit.)
SO, since yet another primetime show is confusing puke with entertainment, I decided to share a link while I wait for the fun to end.

Here's an awesome resource for people in the Fort Wayne area looking to get their hands dirty in service...

It's a database of real people asking for help with real projects. Or, anyone can submit a request to have people in the community help them meet a need of their own. It's a great system--totally free. And it goes to prove neighbors helping neighbors is the best way to get something done... (Other than begging the White House for hand-outs, of course. I'm sure that method will pan out soon.)

And, you should know there are NeighborLinks organizations popping up in other cities, too. So search for one near you if Fort Wayne is a bit of a drive (or plane ride).

No more excuses. Requests for your service have been listed for you.

And for the daycare quote of the week:
"Watch me! I'm going to hit the homiest run in the world!"

No comments:

Post a Comment