Saturday, August 7, 2010

More Kid-tastic Artwork

Anybody want to guess the theme on which my Genius-Student has been fixated this week?

If not, I'll let him spell it out for you:



For those not from the area, the TinCaps is the name of the minor league baseball team in Fort Wayne. Their name is a reference to Johnny Appleseed, and their official logo looks like this:


But, if you were a 5-year-old working from memory, you would draw it like this:



At this point, the TinCaps are offering a nice break from Peter Pan, Downtown Fort Wayne, and a couple other phases we've been through in the last year. But I'm sure I'll be completely sick of hearing about them in another week.
Anyway, the object of today's post isn't to highlight more material from my Student Genius alone. No, today, he must share the spotlight with one of the girls in the class--as I'd like to share a few pages of a story she read to me the other day.

"This girl is crying."

"Boys like snakes."


"Girls like puppies."

I also learned from this book that "kids sitting on a porch are happy," and "Mommies and daddies hug."
It's an excellent read on a lazy Wednesday afternoon.
ANYWAY, the pizza is ready, and then Luke and I must return to the dry-wall-and-paint project happening in the living room these days. But, I'll leave you with my newest brain storm. Why spend time blurring facial features to obeserve privacy laws, when I simply can take pictures of the anonymous Iron Men taking over the classroom. (As always, they created these projects without help--including the light-up "arc reactor hearts" on their chests. )

No comments:

Post a Comment