Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Girls and Boys; Men and Women


Here's to all the REAL women out there.

Girls demand freedom to have sex "like a man" and to ban the word "slut;" women have one partner, until death.
Girls expect help raising another guy's children; women accept their own consequences.
Girls miss the irony in lecturing boys who want someone to "take care of them;" Women wonder, "Isn't that what you're doing with this speech about Real Men, sweet girl?"
Girls encourage each other for sharing this crap;
Women try offering a dose of reality--the Men won't come running to rescue spoiled girls who shame them.

Men build homes, men produce success, men give respect...when they find a woman who is worth it.
----

I've lost count how many times I've seen that meme about boys/men scattered across cyberspace. Is it being shared by the "Real Men," to warn boys what not to do?  Um, no. It's being shared overwhelmingly by girls--both young and old.

Can you imagine if a bitter, middle-aged MAN posted something like my version? Do you think the online community would respond as favorably? I kind of doubt it.

2 comments:

  1. I laughed at the third one!

    I haven't seen that particular one, but they drive me crazy. That sort of thing (scolding men for not being men, scolding people for complaining, tell everyone how shallow they are) is always shared by people who are a painful demonstrations of those flaws themselves.

    On a side note: You have been busy! I haven't had time to respond as much as I'd like, but I am reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fact that I genuinely believe most of the people sharing this stuff ARE "girls" (as in, middle and high school students) makes it easier to excuse. But I'm hoping to check their absurdity before they become what they THINK are women. :)

      Yes, it's been a fruitful month, writing-wise. I've been reading a TON, and...well...you know how that goes.

      Delete